Bottle Gourd in Spiced Yogurt ~ Sorakaya Perugu Pachadi Recipe:
Preparation & Cooking Time : 20mins
Serves: 4 persons
Bottle Gourd : 1 cup
Yogurt : 1 cup
Grated Ginger : 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Chopped Green Chillies: 2
Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil: 2 tsp
1. Wash, peel and chop the bottle gourd into small pieces.
2. In a vessel, add the chopped bottle gourd, water, turmeric and salt.
Cover with a lid and cook until the bottle gourd pieces are tender.
3. Drain the excess water and allow it to cool.
4. Heat oil in a pan for
seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
Then add the grated ginger, chopped green chillies and curry leaves and
fry for a minute.
5. Remove from the flame and let it cool completely.
6. Combine the cooked bottle gourd and seasoned ingredients with curd.
7. Adjust the salt and serve with rice or roti.
Check out other recipes with Bottle Gourd: