Singhare Ke Aate Ka Halwa – Navratri Vrat Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2 – 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: North Indian
Recipe type: Desserts, sweets
- 1/2 cup Singhare Ka Atta / Water Chestnut Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp + 1/2 tsp Ghee
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Almonds for garnishing
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan.
- Add and roast the flour over a medium flame for 5 – 7 minutes or till it turns light brown color and aromatic.
- While roasting the flour, bring one cup of water to a boil in another pan.
- Now add boiling water, while stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Keep stirring and cook for 2 -3 minutes or till the mixture thickens and forms together as a mass.
- Now add sugar and cardamom powder and mix it very well till sugar dissolves.
- Keep on stirring for a couple of minutes or until the mixture thickens and leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add remaining 1/2 tsp of ghee and mix it well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and serve warm!
You might also like to check these recipes: