If you are looking for more festival recipes then do check Pesara Garelu, Bellam Paramannam, Aava Pulihora, Semiya Payasam, Kobbari Payasam, Pala Munjalu, Sweet Undrallu, Peanut Sundal, Modak, Panchamrutham, Chana Dal Payasam and Rava Kudumulu.
Saggubiyyam Payasam / Sabudana Kheer Recipe
- 1/2 cup Sago / Sabudana
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 2 cups Milk, boiled & cooled
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 tsp Ghee
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee in a pan.
- Add and roast the sago on a medium – low flame for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining ghee.
- Add and fry the cashews until golden color. Then add raisins and fry until they plump up. Remove from pan and set them aside.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil in the same pan and add the roasted sago.
- Cover it with a lid and cook on a low flame until sago turns transparent and soft to touch.
- Keep on stirring occasionally.
- Add the cardamom powder and sugar and combine.
- Add milk and mix until well combined.
- Let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the roasted cashews and raisins and turn off the flame.
- This payasam will thicken as it cools.
- Let it cool down and serve!
You might also like to check these recipes: