Here’s full list of Diwali Recipes
Ribbon Pakoda / Ola Pakoda Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins|Cook time: 20 mins| Makes: 4 cups
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Snack
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 2 tbsp Roasted Bengal Gram
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Pinches of Hing
- Red Chilli Powder as needed
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Grind the roasted bengal gram to powder and set aside.
- Combine the ground bengal gram, besan, rice flour, hing, sesame seeds, butter, salt and red chilli powder in a mixing bowl.
- Mix everything until well combined.
- Add water little by little and make a smooth and non sticky dough.
- Take a ribbon pakoda disc in the murukku press / sev press.
- Fill the murukku press with the prepared dough.
- Now slowly press the murukku maker over the hot oil in a circular manner.
- Deep fry them on a medium flame until golden brown color, turn over to fry on both sides evenly.
- Drain over paper towels and let them cool completely.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these Deepavali Recipes