|(Moong Dal Tadka, Kakarakaya Pulusu and Ponnaganti Vepudu)|
Water Amaranth Leaves Coconut Fry Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianSide dish, Curry
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
- 4 cups Water Amaranth Leaves / Dwarf copperleaf / Ponnagannai Keerai, chopped
- 1 Onion, sliced thin
- 2 – 3 tbsp Dry Coconut Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 – 3 Dried Red Chillies
- 1.5 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and fry until lentils are golden color.
- Add the broken red chillies to it and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Then add the sliced onion and fry until translucent.
- Now add the washed and wet leaves, salt and turmeric powder. Mix well and cover with a lid.
- Reduce the flame to low and let it cook completely.
- Open the lid and saute uncovered until all the water evaporates and the curry is dry.
- Add the coconut and fry for a minute.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with rice.
You might also like to check these recipes: