Palakoora Janthikalu / Murukulu ~ Palak Sev Recipe:
Preparation & Cooking Time: 30 -40 mins
Spinach : 2 bunches
Chickpea Flour / Besan : 1 cup, heaped
Rice Flour : 1 cup
Green Chillies : 6 – 8
Cumin Seeds / Ajwain Seeds : 1 tsp
Hing : 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Blanch the spinach leaves in boiling water
for a few minutes and drain the excess water.
2. Grind the spinach and green chillies into a smooth paste and set aside.
Combine the besan, rice flour, salt, hing and 2 tablespoons of hot oil
in a mixing bowl. Then add the ground spinach and mix very well.
4. Make a soft dough by adding the water little by little.
5.Knead the dough till very
soft. The dough
should be soft and smooth.
6. Take a small portion of dough and fill
in the murukku /
7. Carefully press the murukku press over the hot
oil. Deep fry them on a
medium flame until light golden color, turn over to fry on both
8. Drain them in a tissue paper. Cool down completely and
store in a airtight container.