If you are looking for more festival recipes then do check Godhuma Rava Pongali, Paal Kozhukattai, Undrallu, Pala Munjalu, Pesara Garelu, Jaggery Rava Kesari, Bobbatlu and Modak.
Kobbari Paala Paramannam Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins| Serves: 2 – 3
Recipe Courtesy: Smt. Uma Devi Garu (my sister-in-law)
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/2 cup Raw Rice
- 1 cup Jaggery, powdered
- 3/4cup Fresh Coconut Pieces
- 1/4 cup Milk, boiled
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Cashews and Raisins as needed
- A big pinch of Baking Soda
- Wash and pressure cook the rice with one cup of water for 3 whistles.
- Turn off the flame and wait until the pressure gets released by itself.
- Take the coconut pieces in a blender / mixie and grind to a paste.
- Add 3/4 cup of warm water to it and grind well.
- Strain in a fine cloth or strainer and collect the extract.
- Add another 3/4 cup of warm water to the coconut and blend again.
- Strain and collect the milk.
- Combine the baking soda and milk and set aside. This will prevent milk from curdling.
- Add the powdered jaggery and coconut milk to the cooked rice and let the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Add the milk and cardamom powder to it and let it boil over a medium – low flame for about 10 minutes.
- When the mixture thickens, turn off the flame.
- This will continue to thicken as it cools down.
- Melt ghee in a pan. First fry the cashews and then raisins to golden color.
- Pour this over the rice mixture and combine well.
You might also like to check these recipes: