Carrot Halwa is a very famous and traditional Indian dessert. There are many variations of making carrot halwa like carrot halwa with khoya and condensed milk carrot halwa. This is another variation with coconut milk. I made this halwa few months back and we loved it a lot. Adding the coconut milk to the classic carrot halwa gives a mild coconut flavor. You can make this halwa for any occasion or festival like Diwali, Rakha Bandhan, Krishnashtami and Holi.
If yoou are looking for more Holi Sweet recipes then do check Pumpkin Halwa, Coconut Poli, Besan Condensed Milk Burfi, Mohanthal, Chocolate Peda, Kesar Peda and Gur Para.
Here’s a complete list of Holi Recipes.
Carrot Coconut Milk Halwa Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins|Cook time: 25 mins| Serves: 2 – 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Sweet, Dessert
- 2 cups Grated Carrot, packed
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 10 Cashews
- 5 Sliced Almonds or as needed
- Pistachios for garnish (optional)
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots and measure it. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the fry the cashews until golden brown color. Take them out of the ghee and set aside.
- Add the sliced almonds to the same fan and fry until golden brown. Keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add the grated carrot and saute until the raw smell disappears or for 5 minutes.
- Keep frying till it shrinks.
- Add the coconut milk and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cook over a high flame until the coconut milk evaporates. It may take 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining ghee and sugar and mix well. Reduce the flame to medium.
- Keep stirring till it forms a mass and leaving the sides of the pan.
- When the halwa leaves the sides of the pan, turn off the flame.
- This will thicken more as it cools.
- Add the fried cashews and almonds and mix well.
- Garnish with pistachios and serve.