South Indian Bread Vada Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins|Cook time: 15 mins| Serves: 3 – 4
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Snack
- 10 – 12 Bread Slices
- 1 – 1 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Onion
- Few Curry Leaves
- A pinch of Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Trim the edges of bread slices and cut into cubes.
- Add yogurt and rice flour and mix until well combined or bread is mashed.
- Add the chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, cumin seeds, salt and baking soda to the bread mixture and mix well to form a thick batter.
- Add little more yogurt or rice flour to adjust the consistency
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying the vadas.
- Wet your fingers and take a small portion of vada batter and flatten it on your palm or on a plastic sheet.
- Make a small hole in the middle of the vada and slowly drop it in the hot oil.