|Tomato Dal, Cabbage Moong Dal Curry & Drumstick Rasam |
Andhra Style Tomato Pappu – Tomato Dal Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20mins | Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup Toor Dal
- 1.5 cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Green Chillies
- Tamarind small lemon size ball
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Chanan Dal
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 Sprigs Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/8 tsp Hing
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Put the rinsed toor dal, chopped tomato, turmeric, green chillies and one cup of water in a pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
- Switch off the flame and wait until the pressure go off.
- Soak the tamarind in water for 10 minutes. Squeeze the extract out of it and set aside.
- Add the red chilli powder, salt, tamarind extract and water (adjust to desired consistency) to the cooked dal and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and combine well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves, hing and red chilli and stir for a couple of seconds.
- Switch off the flame and add the seasoned ingredients to the prepared dal.
- Mix well and serve hot with rice or roti.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Aratikaya Vepudu
- Ugadi Recipes
- Pesara Garelu
- Bellam Paramannam
- Potlakaya Perugu Pachadi
- Onion Tomato Red Chutney
- Pudina Millet Rice
- Wheat Coconut Cookies
- Chana Chaat
- Brinjal Sambar
- Paneer Pav Bhaji