Sweet Potato Pakora / Fritters Recipe:
Preparation & Cooking Time : 20mins
Serves : 4 persons
Grated Sweet Potato : 1 cup
Chickpea Flour / Besan : 3/4 cup
Rice Flour : 1 – 2 tbsp
Onion : 1 big sized
Dried Mango Powder : 1/2 tsp (You can also make dried mango powder at home)
Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp or to taste
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Peel and chop the onion into thin strips and set aside.
2. Wash, peel and grate the sweet potato. In a mixing bowl,
combine the flours, grated sweet potato, onion, salt, curry leaves,
turmeric, amchur and red chilli powder.
3. Mix very well and add enough
water to make a thick batter.
4. Heat oil for deep frying. Take a small portion of besan mixture
and drop them into the hot oil.
5. Deep fry the fritters until golden
brown and crispy and remove from the oil.
6. Serve hot with tomato sauce and coffee.