Eggless Jowar Flour Chocolate Peanut Cookies Recipe:
Makes about 20 -22 cookies
Sorghum Flour / Jowar Flour: 1 cup
Unsalted Butter: 1/2 cup, softened
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: 2 tbsp
Sugar: 1/2 cup
Peanuts: 1/2 cup
About 2-3 tablespoons of milk or as needed
A pinch of salt
1.To toast the peanuts, preheat
the oven to 180 degree C. Spread the peanuts on a baking tray and
bake them for 8 – 9 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven and allow them
to cool. Rub the peanuts between yours palms to remove the skins. Grind
the nuts coarsely and set aside.
3. Grind the sugar into a fine powder and
the oven to 180 degree C.
5. Sieve / mix the flour, cocoa powder and salt together and set aside.
a bowl, combine the softened butter and powdered sugar and beat it until light and fluffy.
7. Add the mixed flour to the butter
mixture and mix everything. Then sprinkle the milk little by little over it and mix it well
to make a dough. The dough should be very soft.
8. Divide the dough into 20 – 22 equal sized balls and press the each ball between your palms.
9. Place them on a baking tray spacing
about 1 inch apart.
10. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 15 – 18 minutes at 180 degree C.
11. Then remove them from
the oven and let them cool down for 2-3 minutes before taking them of
the baking tray. They will be soft when taken out, but will firm up once they cool.
12. Place them on a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.