Shahi Tuka / Shahi Tukray Recipe:
Preparation & Cooking Time: 45 – 50 mins
Makes about 16 pieces
1. Soak the saffron in warm milk and set aside.
2. Bring the milk and saffron milk in a heavy bottomed vessel. Boil the
milk until it reduces to a thick consistency. This is called rabri.
Refrigerate it for sometime.
3. Combine the sugar and little water and boil
until the syrup is sticky and thick. Remove from the flame and set
4. Remove the corners of the bread and cut into pieces.
5. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Deep fry the bread pieces until golden brown color and crisp.
6. Soak the fried bread pieces in the sugar syrup for a minute and arrange them in a plate.
7. Pour the rabri over the arranged bread pieces to soak well.
8. Garnish with chopped nuts and serve chilled.
You might also like to check these recipes: