Saag Aloo / Spinach and Potato Curry Recipe
Hari Chandana PNorth IndianSide Dish, Curry
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
- 2 cups Cubed Potatoes
- 2 cups Chopped Spinach
- 1 Onion, medium sized
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice or as needed (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds stop popping, add the slit green chillies and red chillies and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until translucent.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric, spinach and potatoes and combine well.
- Saute well for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle little water, cover and cook for sometime till they get cooked.
- Turn off the flame.
- Finally add the lemon juice and give a nice stir.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Ragi Roti
- Lachko Dal
- Moong Dal Tadka
- Pudina Rice
- Sago Vadiyalu
- Paneer Pav Bhaji
- Bhutte Ka Kees
- Millet with Raw Mango
- Diwali Recipes (100+ recipes)