If you are looking for more Stew / Sambar recipes then do check Ash Gourd Pindi Miriyam, Kakarakaya Pulusu, Vellarikka Pulissery, Methi Sambar, Black eyed peas Sambar, Dosakaya Pulusu, Chikkudu Ginjala Pulusu and Thotakura Sambar.
Ponnaganti Aaku Majjiga Pulusu – Ponnanganni Keerai Mor Kuzhambu
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine:Indian, South Indian
Recipe type:Side Dish
- 3/4 cup Chopped Water Amaranth Leaves / Dwarf copperleaf / Ponnanganni
- 1 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Onion
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Toor Dal
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Raw Rice
- 2 tbsp Grated Fresh Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies or as needed
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- A big pinch of Fenugreek Seeds
- A pinch of Hing
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1 tsp Oil
- Soak the coriander seeds, chana dal, rice, toor dal and cumin in water for an hour. Then grind the green chillies, ginger, coconut and soaked ingredients to a paste and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan. Add and fry the chopped onion until light brown color. Add the chopped water amaranth leaves to it. Sprinkle little water and cover with a lid. Let it cook completely.
- Combine the buttermilk, turmeric, salt and ground paste in a bowl and boil on a medium flame for 8 – 10 minutes
- Add water to adjust the consistency.
- Now add the sauteed onions and leaves to the buttermilk mixture and mix.
- Let it boil for a few minutes and turn off the flame.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and feugreek seeds and allow them splutter. Add the hing and red chilli and stir for a couple of seconds. Pour this over the prepared buttermilk mixture and combine.
- Serve hot with rice.
You might also like to check these recipes: