Rajasthani Mirch Bada Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins|Cook time: 25 mins| Makes: 12
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Snack
- 2 cups Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 12 Long Chillies
- 3 – 4 Medium Sized Potatoes (approx. 1.5 cups Mashed Potato)
- 2 tsp Amchur / Dried Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Roasted Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Roasted and Crished Fennel Seeds
- 1.5 Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup Water (approx)
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, amchur, red chilli powder, fennel, coriander powder, cumin powder , garam masala and salt and mix until well combined. Keep it aside.
- Wash the chillies and wipe them with a cloth. Slit the chillies lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Stuff them with prepared potato filling and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Combine the besan, salt, turmeric powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Make a smooth and little thick batter by adding water little by little.
- Dip the each stuffed chilli into the besan batter and carefully drop it into the hot oil.
- Deep fry in hot oil until crisp and golden color.
- If you want to expose the chilli, dip the chilli into the batter and slide it onto edge of the batter bowl to to expose the one side of the chilli.
- Remove the fried vadas from oil and place them on a paper towel.
- Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.
You might also like to check these recipes: