Masoor Dal Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins|Cook time: 20 mins| Serves: 2
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: North Indian
Recipe type: Side dish
- 1/2 cup Whole Masoor Dal / Brown Lentils
- 1.5 cups Water
- 2 small Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium Onion
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- Salt to taste
- 1 – 2 tbsp Oil
- A big pinch of Kasoori Methi
- Rinse the whole masoor dal and soak for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Pressure cook the soaked the dal with 1.5 cups of water for 3 – 4 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped onion and slit green chilli and saute till golden brown color.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell of the garlic disappears.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry until tomatoes are soft.
- Then add the cooked dal, turmeric powder, garam masala, red chilli powder and salt and mix well. Let it simmer for couple of minutes.
- Finally add the crushed kasoori methi and combine well.
- serve hot with rice or roti.
You might also like to check these recipes: