Mamidikaya Pusulu / Andhra Mango Stew Recipe
- 1 cup Raw Mango
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 inch piece of Tamarind
- 2 tbsp Powdered Jaggery
- 1 tsp Rice Flour
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder as needed
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/8 tsp Hing
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- Soak the tamarind in water for 10 minutes and squeeze well to extract the juice. Keep it aside.
- In a vessel, add the onion pieces, tomato, turmeric and water. Cover and cook until soft.
- Add the tamarind extract, cubed mango, salt, curry leaves, red chilli powder and water.
- Dilute the rice flour in little water and add it to the stew.
- Combine well and let it boil until the mango pieces are soft and transparent.
- Turn off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add the hing and stir for a couple of seconds. Pour this over the stew and combine.
- Serve hot with rice.
You might also like to check these recipes: