Karasev / Khara Sev Recipe:
Preparation & Cooking Time: 30 -40 mins
Rice Flour : 1 cup
Crushed Black Pepper : 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
Solid Ghee (not melted) : 2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Hing / Asafoetida : 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Combine the gram flour, rice flour, cumin
seeds, crushed pepper, salt, turmeric powder, hing and melted hot ghee in wide bowl.
2.Mix very well and make a soft dough
by adding the water little by little.
3.Knead the dough till very
soft. The dough
should be soft and smooth.
4. Take a small portion of dough and fill
in the murukku /
5. Carefully press the murukku press over the hot
oil. Deep fry them on a
medium flame until light golden color, turn over to fry on both
6. Drain them in a tissue paper. Cool down completely and
store in a airtight container. Make your fun time your yum time and keep healthy lifestyle.
- You can also check other Snacks recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Gram Flour here
- Back to Recipe Index
I prepared Kara Sev for my nephew because he’s always busy playing card games with friends. Often times in the heat of the game, he skips meal time. This finger food goes out to all of you busy people who gives up meal time for
your fun time.