If you are looking for more sweet recipes then do check Til Khoya Laddu, Doda Burfi, Rasgulla, Gulab Jamun, Microwave Palkova, Khoya Besan Laddu, Condensed milk Rava Laddu, Kaju Katli and Shahi Tukra.
Gur Pare / Gud Pare Recipe
- 2 cups Wheat Flour (you can substitute with all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup Powdered Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 tbsp Melted Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Take water and powdered jaggery in a bowl.
- Heat until the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Combine the wheat flour and cardamom powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add slightly heated ghee and mix well to get a breadcrumb like consistency.
- Then add the melted jaggery water to the flour and mix.
- Make a firm dough by adding normal water little by little.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough and divide into 6 – 7 equal portions.
- Roll the dough ball into a thick circle.
- Cut the rolled dough into diamond or square pieces.
- Repeat the same process with all the dough portions.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- When the oil becomes hot, reduce the flame to low.
- Gently drop the dough pieces in the hot oil.
- Deep fry them on a low-medium flame until brown color, turn over to fry on both sides evenly.
- Drain them on paper towels and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
You might also love to check these recipes
- Diwali Sweets Recipes
- Soya Peas Samosa
- Saag Aloo
- Kanchipuram Upma
- Paneer Capsicum Curry
- Shahi Paneer
- Peanut Coriander Chutney
- Raw Tamarind Dal
- Pudina Rice
- Bellam Paramannam
- Namak Para
- Baked Namak Para
- Adrak Chai (Ginger Tea)