Whole Wheat Cashew Butter Eggless Cookies Recipe:
Makes about 26 – 28 cookies
Whole Wheat Flour : 1 cup
Sugar : 1/2 cup
Unsalted Butter: 1/2 cup, softened
Cashew Nuts: 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence: 1/2 tsp
About 2 tablespoons of milk or as needed
A Pinch of Salt
1. To toast the nuts, preheat
the oven to 180 degree C. Spread the cashew nuts on a baking tray and
bake them for 7 – 8 minutes.
2. Remove the toasted nuts from the oven and let them cool
3. Grind the nuts coarsely and set aside.
4. Grind the sugar into a fine powder and set aside.
the oven to 180 degree C.
6. In a mixing bowl,
combine the wheat flour, powdered sugar, salt and coarsely powdered nuts
7. Next add the softened butter and vanilla essence to it and mix
8. Then sprinkle the milk little by little over it and mix it well
to make a dough. The dough should be very soft.
9. Divide the dough into 26 – 28 equal sized balls and press the each ball between your palms lightly.
10. Place them on a baking tray spacing
about 1 inch apart.
11. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 18 minutes at 180 degree C.
12. Then remove them from
the oven and let them cool down for 2-3 minutes before taking them of
the baking tray.
13. Place them on a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.