If you are looking for more eggless cake recipes then do check Eggless Mango Tutti Frutti Cake, Eggless Vanilla Cake with Frosting, Eggles Strawberry Custard Cake, Eggless Dates Cake, Wheat Tutti Frutti Cake, Eggless Banana Cake and Eggless Vanilla Sponge Cake.
Eggless Orange Fruit Cake Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins|Cook time: 50 mins| Serves: 4-6
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Snack, dessert
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1.5 cups + 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Sugar
- 5 tbsp Tutti Frutti or as needed
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Grease a cake or loaf tin with little oil and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda and sieve this together to ensure even mixing. Keep it aside.
- Combine the orange juice, oil, sugar, salt and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl. Whisk well until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the tutti fruitti and sifted flour in 2 bathes and gently fold the mixture until the batter shows no trace of flour. A few small lumps in the batter are fine.
- Don not overmix or overbeat.
- Quickly pour this batter into the greased tin.
- Immediately place the cake tin in the preheated oven.
- Bake at 180 degree C for about 45 – 55 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- The baking time may vary depending on the cake tin and oven.
- Let the cake to cool for 15 minutes and then invert.
- Let it cool completely and slice the cake.
- Store the cooled cake in an airtight container for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 4 – 5 days.
You might also like to check these recipes: