If you are looking for more dessert recipes for Ramadan then do check Fruit Falooda, Chocolate Gulab Jamun, Carrot Coconut Milk Halwa, Besan Condensed Milk Burfi, Date Coconut Rolls, Chocolate Peda, Pineapple Kesari and Besan Ka Halwa.
Hyderabadi Double Ka Meetha Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins|Cook time: 50 mins| Serves: 4
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
- 10 Milk Bread Slices
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water for sugar syrup
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Cashews, raisins and almonds as needed
- A pinch of Saffron (optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- Bring milk to a boil in a heavy bottomed wide pan.
- Once boiled, add the saffron and let it boil until the milk quantity is reduced to half. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- Remove the brown edges of the bread slices and cut them into pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying and fry the bread pieces till crisp and golden brown evenly.
- Drain them on paper towels and set aside.
- Combine the sugar and water in a pan and mix until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Boil the syrup for few minutes on medium flame. Add the cardamom powder to it.
- Now add the fried bread pieces and mix well to coat the syrup well.
- Let it simmer for couple of minutes.
- Now add the prepared milk to it and combine.
- Let it cook over medium flame for about 5 -10 minutes or until the milk evaporates. It should not be dry and mushy.
- Add the dry fruits and combine well.
- Serve warm or chilled.