If you are looking for more coconut recipes then do check Paal Kozhukattai, Rava Modak, Gutti Vankaya Kobbari Karam, Mawa Coconut Jaggery Laddu, Coconut Biscuits, Pumpkin Thoran,Vella Kozhukattai and Curry Leaves Coconut Chutney.
Coconut Lemon Rice Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins| Serves: 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Main
- 2.5 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 cup Fresh Coconut
- 3 – 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 tsp Chana Dal
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 10 Cashews
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 tsp Hing
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- Spread the cooked rice in a wide plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts. Fry till they start to brown a little.
- Then add the cashews and fry until they are golden browned.
- Now add the slit green chillies, red chillies, hing and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Then add the grated coconut to it and mix. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and combine well.
- Now add the cooked rice and salt and mix until combined.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add the lemon juice and combine everything.
You might also like to check these Traditional Recipes: