Chana Dal Sundal Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Snack
- 1/2 cup Chana Dal
- 3 tbsp Fresh Grated Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- A pinch of Hing
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak the chana dal in water for 1 – 2 hours. Drain and cook it with enough water and turmeric until soft.
- Drain the cooked chana dal and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add curry leaves, hing and broken red chillies and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the cooked chana dal and salt and fry for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot.