If you are looking for more Indian Snack Recipes then do check Palak Pakoda, Oven Roasted Cashew Nuts, Bombay Veg Toast Sandwich, Pumpkin Pakora, Andhra Chekkalu, Peanut Chaat, Pyaz Ki Kachori and Corn Methi Pakora.
Cabbage Pakora Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins|Cook time: 20 mins| Serves: 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Snack
- 2 cups Chopped Cabbage
- 1 cup Sliced Onions
- 1.5 cup Chickpea Flour / Besan
- 1 – 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped Ginger
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- Red Chilli Powder as needed
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut the cabbage into strips and set aside. Peel and chop the onion lengthwise.
- Combine the chopped cabbage, onion, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves, salt and red chilli powder.
- Add 2 tablespoons of hot oil to it and combine.
- Sprinkle very little water and make a stiff batter.
- The batter should not be runny and it should coat the cabbage and onions.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying the pakoras.
- Drop the small portions of the batter into the hot oil and deep fry them on a medium flame until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain them on a paper towel.