Here’s full list of Sankranti Special Recipes
Bellam Paramannam Recipe / Andhra Style Jaggery Rice Pudding
- 1/2 cup Raw Rice
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups Jaggery, powdered
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 pinches of Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Wash and drain the rice and set aside.
- In a deep and large vessel, bring milk to a boil
- Add the rinsed rice and reduce the flame.
- Cook until the rice is very soft. You can also pressure cook the rice for 4 whistles.
- Turn off the flame.
- Lightly mash the cooked rice and keep it aside.
- Combine the jaggery and water in a vessel and allow the jaggery to melt.
- Add the cardamom powder to the jaggery water and turn off the flame.
- Now add this jaggery syrup to the rice and mix very well.
- Melt ghee in a small pan. First fry the cashews and then raisins to golden color.
- Pour this over the rice and jaggery mixture and combine well.
- Serve warm or cold.
You might also like to check these recipes: