Arbi Ka Saag / Rajasthani Arbi Fry Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 3 – 4
Author: Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: Indian, Rajasthani
Recipe type: Side dish
recipe adapted from Rajasthani Cookbook
- 1.5 cups Taro Root, boiled, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- 3/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying or shallow frying.
- Deep fry the boiled taro root slices till they are golden brown color.
- Drain them on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and carom seeds. Let them splutter.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fried taro root, salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric and lemon juice and combine until well combined.
- Serve hot with rice.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Methi Paratha
- Eggless Vanilla Cake with Buttercream Frosting
- Palli Kothimeera Pachadi
- Chama Dumpa Kobbari Vepudu
- Vankaya Kobbari Karam
- Atukula Pulihora
- Butter Murukulu
- Besan Ka Halwa