|Cucumber Dal and Drumstick Rasam|
South Indian Yellow Cucumber Dal Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndianMain
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup Toor Dal / Split yellow pigeon peas
- 1.5 cups Yellow Cucumber, chopped
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 tsp Hing
- Gooseberry size ball Tamarind
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- Red Chilli Powder as needed
- Sat to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- Soak the tamarind in water for 10 minutes and squeeze the water out of it and set aside.
- Put the rinsed toor dal, chopped cucumber, turmeric, slit green chillies and 1.5 cups of water in a pressure cooker and cook for 3 – 4 whistles.
- Switch off the heat and wait until the pressure go off.
- Add the tamarind extract, salt and red chilli powder to the cooked dal and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning and add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal. Let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves, broken red chilli and hing and stir for few seconds. Switch off the flame
- Add the seasoned ingredients to the dal and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
You might also like to check these Recipes:
- Luchko Dal
- Moong Dal Drumstick Sambar
- Thotakura Sambar
- Vendakkai Mandi
- Vellarikka Pulissery
- Andhra Dosakaya Koora
- Dosakaya Mukkala Pulusu