Here’s a full list of Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes.
Ammini Kozhukattai / Mani Kozhukattai Recipe
Hari Chandana PSouth IndianSnack
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 1-2
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup water or as needed
- 2 or 3 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- A big pinch of Hing
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 dried red chillies
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Add water, salt and a teaspoon of oil in saucepan. Bring the water to a rolling boil and turn off the flame.
- Take the rice flour in a wide mixing bowl. Add the boiling water little by little to the flour and mix it well with a spatula / wooden spoon. Combine well to make a smooth dough.
- Let it cool for 2 – 3 minutes. When it is still warm knead it well.
- The dough should be soft and slightly sticky.
- Grease your hands with oil and divide the dough into small sized round balls.
- Steam cook the dough balls in greased idli plates for 10 minutes. Keep them aside.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves, broken red chillies and hing to it and stir for a couple of seconds.
- Add the steamed balls, turmeric and coconut to it and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Fry for for 1 – 2 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Serve warm.
You might also like to check these Vinayaka Chaturthi recipes: