Sweet Ammini Kozhukattai Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins|Cook time: 20 mins| Serves: 1 – 2
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Sweet
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Grated Fresh Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Oil
- A pinch of Salt
- Add water and oil in a bowl and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Combine the rice flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the boiling water to the flour and mix it well with a spatula to make a smooth dough.
- The dough should be soft and slightly sticky.
- Grease your hand with oil and divide the dough into small round balls.
- Place the prepared balls in a steamer or greased idli plates and steam cook them over high flame for 10 minutes. Keep them aside.
- Combine the jaggery and little water in a pan. Let the jaggery dissolve completely.
- Add the grated coconut and cardamom powder to the jaggery syrup and let it cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Then add the steamed rice balls and fry for 2 minutes.