Poha Chivda or Poha Mixture is a popular teatime snack in India. There are many variations of making poha mixture. And today’s recipe is a sweet version of the usual. This is my own recipe and Surya loved it so much! 🙂
If you are looking for more Krishnashtami Naivedyam Recipes then do check Sweet Poha, Coconut Poha, Atukula Pulihora, Atukulu Palli Laddu, Rava Payasam and Milk Rava Kesari.
Here is a complete list of Krishnashtami Prasadam Recipes
Sweet Poha Chivda
Prep Time: 5 mins|Cook time: 10 mins| Serves: 2 – 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Sweet
- 1 cup Thick Poha / Flattened Rice
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 10 Almonds
- 10 Cashews
- 10 Raisins
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Chop the almonds into pieces and deep fry them until golden brown.
- Fry the cashews and raisins until golden color. Keep them aside.
- When the oil is very hot, deep fry the poha in small batches till they expand and crisp.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- When the fried poha is warm, transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Add the cardamom powder, fried nuts and sugar powder to the poha and mix until well combined.
- Let it cool down completely and store in an airtight container.