Here is a complete list of Vinayaka Chavithi Recipes
Kele Mulik / Banana Mulka / Banana Rava Sweet Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins|Cook time: 15 mins| Makes: 30 small fritters
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Sweet
Recipe Source: Asianet
- 1 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 2 Small Ripe Bananas (approx. 1/2 heaped cup mashed banana)
- 1/2 cup Powdered Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Fresh or Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Wheat Flour
- Oil for deep frying
- Peel and mash the banana well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana and jaggery and stir until well combined.
- Add the coconut, wheat flour and cardamom powder to the banana mixture and combine well.
- Now add the semolina and mix everything well to make a soft dough.
- Adjust the consistency of the dough by adding little more semolina or water.
- Keep the dough aside for about 15 minutes
- Heat enough oil in a pan for deep frying.
- When the oil is hot, take a small portion of the dough and gently drop into the hot oil.
- Deep fry them over low flame until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove them from oil and drain on paper towels.
- These can be stored up to 2 days.