Veg Hakka Noodles Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins|Cook time: 15 mins| Makes: 2 – 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: Indo Chinese
Recipe type: Main
- 1.5 cups Noodles
- 1 Capsicum, chopped lengthwise
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Cabbage, chopped lengthwise
- 1 Carrot, chopped lengthwise
- 1/4 cup Spring Onion, chopped finely (white & green part)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 – 3 Large Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tsp Chilli Sauce (I used red chillli sauce)
- 1 tsp Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Vinegar
- Cook the noodles by following the instructions given in the pack or boil water in a vessel with little salt and 1/4 tsp of oil and cook the noodles until soft.
- Drain water and rinse with cold water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the chopped garlic and fry for a minute.
- Then add the chopped spring onions, carrots, cabbage and stir fry for 3 – 4 over high flame.
- Now add the chopped capsicum to it and stir fry over high flame for 6 – 8 minutes or till the edges of the veggies starts to light brown.
- When the veggies are cooked and still crunchy, add the soya sauce, tomato sauce, chilli sauce and saute for a minute.
- Now add the salt, pepper powder and vinegar and mix well.
- Add the cooked noodle and saute for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with tomato ketchup or manchurian.
- Fry the vegetables always over high flame.
- Do not overcook the noodles. They should be cooked but not mushy.
- You can skip the vinegar if you don’t have.
- Use green or red chilli sauce. I’ve used red chilli sauce.
- Do not add more than 2 teaspoons of soya sauce as it tastes bitter.
- Add a small onion along with vegetables if you want.
- You can use any cooking oil but olive oil gives a nice flavor.