Lemon Quinoa Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins|Cook time: 15 mins| Serves: 1 – 2
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Breakfast, Lunch
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Water
- 2 – 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- Few Cashew Nuts
- Few Curry Leaves
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 – 3 tbsp Oil
- A pinch of Hing
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and pressure cook the quinoa with one cup water for 3 whistles.
- Spread the cooked quinoa on a wide plate and let it cool completely.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, chana dal and peanuts and fry until light golden brown.
- Then add the cashews to it and saute until golden brown.
- Add the slit green chillies, red chilli and curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add the turmeric powder and hing and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked quinoa and salt and mix until well combine.
- Turn off the flame and add the lemon juice to it.
- Combine well and serve with yogurt or raita.
You might also like to check these recipes: