Poha is one of the best Indian breakfast recipes which is healthy and very easy to prepare. This can also be served as a evening tiffin or snack with a cup of hot coffee.
Few South Indian poha recipes posted on the blog are Atukula Pulihora, Thayir Aval, Sweet Poha, Coconut Poha and Poha Vada.
If you are looking for more Poha Recipes then do check Methi Poha, Poha Peanut Laddu, Tomato Poha, Corn Poha and Dahi Chura.
Chura Matar Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins|Cook time: 15 mins| Serves: 2-3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
- 1.5 cups Poha / Thick Flattened Rice
- 1.5 cups Green Peas
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
- 2 tsp Chopped Ginger
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1 – 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Soak the poha in milk and set aside.
- Wash and chop the coriander leaves and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add the chopped ginger and green chillies and fry for couple of minutes.
- Add the green peas to it and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, sugar, pepper and little water to it and mix.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook until the peas are cooked and water is evaporated.
- Now add the soaked poha to it and mix until well combined. Adjust the salt.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook another 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Finally add the garam masala and lemon juice.
- Mix very well and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with a cup of ginger tea or lemon tea.