If you are looking for more Indian Kheer Recipes then do check Semiya Payasam, Sabudana Kheer, Sabudana Coconut Payasam, Wheat Rava Coconut Payasam, Kobbari Payasam, Senaga Pappu Payasam, Rava Payasam and Chenna Ki Kheer.
Here’s a complete list of Ugadi Recipes
Thengai Paal Semiya Payasam / Vermicelli Coconut Milk Kheer Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins|Cook time: 15 mins| Serves: 2
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert, Sweet
- 1/2 cup Vermicelli
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1.5 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Cashews as needed
- Raisins as needed
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashews till golden color. Then add the raisins and fry until plumps up. Take them out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add and roast the vermicelli on a low – medium flame til they change color to light golden brown color.
- Add one cup of boiling water to the roasted vermicelli. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the powdered jaggery and cardamom powder to the cooked vermicelli and combine. Let the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Turn off the flame. Add the coconut milk and mix until well combined. Add the fried cashews and raisins and mix.
- Serve warm or chilled.