If you are looking for more Sweet Recipes then do check Besan Condensed Milk Burfi, Date Coconut Rolls, Sweet Potato Puli Pithe, Rava Modak, Banana Sheera, Gur Pare, Poornam Boorelu and Khoya Gulab Jamun.
Here’s a complete list of Holi Special Recipes
Strawberry Shankarpali / Shakarpae Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins|Cook time: 30 mins| Makes: 3 cups
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Sweet, Snack
- 1.5 cups All Purpose Flour / Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Chopped Strawberries, heaped
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 3 tbsp Ghee / Oil
- Oil for deep frying
- Grind the chopped strawberries and sugar to a smooth puree and set aside.
- Take the flour in a mixing bowl and add the slightly heated ghee to it.
- Mix very well to get a breadcrumb like consistency.
- Add the poppy seeds and strawberry puree to the flour and knead it into a firm dough.
- Add little more flour or water to form a firm dough. Cover the dough and set aside for 30 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Divide the dough into round balls. Dust the work surface with little flour and roll the each ball into a little thick circle.
- Cut the rolled dough square or diamond pieces using a knife.
- Gently drop the pieces in the hot oil.
- Deep fry them on a low – medium flame until golden brown color, turn oven to fry on both sides evenly.
- Drain them on a paper towel and let them cool completely.
- Store them in an airtight container.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Roll the dough into a little circle and cut into desired shapes.
- Prick the pieces with a fork.
- Place the pieces on a greased baking tray and bake at 180 degree C for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let them cool completely and store in an airtight container.