Chocolate Stuffed Gulab Jamun Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins|Cook time: 40 mins| Serves: 7 – 8
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
- 200 grams Instant Gulab Jamun Mix
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips or as needed
- 3 cups Sugar
- 3 cups Water
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Milk as needed
- Almonds or Pistachios for Garnish
- Take the instant gulab jamun mix powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk little by little and gently mix to make a smooth and soft dough.
- Cover and set aside for few minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the cardamom powder, 3 cups of sugar and 3 cups water in a wide vessel and let the sugar dissolves completely.
- When the syrup to a boil for 7 – 8 minutes. Turn off the flame. Cover and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Meanwhile divide the dough into small balls.
- Stuff the each with few chocolate chips and make round and smooth balls without any wide cracks
- Do not apply too much pressure while making the balls.
- When the oil is hot (not smoking hot) enough to fry the gulab jamuns, reduce the flame to low.
- Slowly drop the prepared dough balls into the oil and deep fry them until dark brown color.
- Do not overcrowd, fry a few at a time.
- Keep rolling the jamuns while frying for even browning.
- Take the fried jamuns out of the oil and add them to the hot sugar syrup. If needed, heat the sugar syrup again before adding the fried jamuns to it.
- Let them soak in the sugar syrup.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and serve chilled.
You might also like to check these recipes: