Here’s a full list of Deepavali Special Recipes
Palmiers / Elephant Ears / Little Hearts Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins|Cook time: 15 mins| Makes: 45 -50 cookies
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Sweet, snack
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 3/4 – 1 cup Fine Sugar or as needed
- Oil for greasing
- Remove the pastry sheet from the refrigerator and thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cut the pastry sheet into two rectangles.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and grease with little oil. Keep it aside.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of sugar over the flat surface.
- Place the pastry sheet on the sugared work surface.
- Sprinkle sugar (approx. 1/4 cup) in an even layer over the pastry sheet.
- Roll it gently with a rolling pin to press the sugar into it.
- Trim the edges if needed.
- Now fold both long sides of the sheet towards the middle.
- Then fold the both long sides of the sheet once again to meet in the middle.
- Now cut the folded sheet into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet, spacing them 1 inch apart.
- And pinch the base of the slice gently to form a “Y” shape.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown color.
- Place them on a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.