Here’s a full list of Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes
Talniche Modak / Fried Modak Recipe
Prep Time: 30 mins|Cook time: 30 mins| Makes: 15 – 20
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: sweet, snack
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida / Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Grated Fresh Coconut
- 1/2 cup Jaggery, powdered
- 2 tbsp Melted Ghee
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Oil for deep frying
- A pinch of Salt
- Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add slightly heated ghee and mix well.
- Make a soft dough by adding water little by little.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Dry roast the poppy seeds and sesame seeds for few minutes.
- Add the coconut and jaggery to the roasted poppy seeds and combine well.
- Mix well until the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Add the cardamom powder and cook on medium flame.
- Cook until you get a thick mixture.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Take a small portion of the dough and roll it into a thin puri / circle.
- Cut the puri with a round shaped cutter.
- Place a spoon of coconut filling in the center.
- With your fingertip or brush, apply little water around the edges of the puri
- Then pleat the edges as shown in the picture.
- Now gather all the edges together in the center.
- Pinch the edges together and seal it properly.
- Prepare all the modaks and keep them covered.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Gently drop the modaks in the hot oil.
- Deep fry them over a medium flame, turn over to fry on both sides evenly.
- Drain them on paper towels.
- Serve warm!
You might also like to check these Traditional Recipes:
- Nimmakaya Pulihora
- Saggubiyyam Payasam
- Aava Pettina Pulihora
- Kobbari Payasam
- Poornam Kozhukattai
- Ammini Kozhukattai
- Rava Kudumulu
- Nuvvula Appalu