If you are looking for more Gokulashtami Recipes then do check Sweet Aval, Kesar Peda, Atukula Daddojanam, Roasted Phool Makhana, Sooji Ki kheer, Sabudana Payasam, Chekkalu, Puran Poli and Peanut Murukulu.
Maramarala Laddu / Puffed Rice Ladoo Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins|Cook time: 20 mins| Makes: 10-12 laddus
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: snack, sweet
- 3 to 3.5 cups Puffed Rice
- 1/2 cup Powdered Jaggery
- A pinch of Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ghee
- Heat the jaggery with little water just enough to immerse it. Let the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Strain the melted jaggery in a strainer to remove impurities.
- Add the cardamom powder to it and bring it to a boil.
- Continue heating till it reaches soft ball consistency.
- To check the consistency, take little water in a cup and pour few drops of syrup into the water. It should not dissolved and you should be able to gather and form a non sticky soft ball.
- When this consistency is reached, reduce the flame and add the puffed rice little by little.
- Stir until well combined.
- If you feel it is too sticky, add more puffed rice to it and combine.
- Turn off the flame.
- When it is still warm, grease your hands with little ghee and roll the mixture into tight round balls.
- Store them in an airtight container.
You might also like to check other Laddu Recipes: