If you are looking for more Curry Recipes then check Shahi Paneer, Aloo Ka Rassawala Shaak, Aloo Palak, Saag Aloo, Baingan Bharta, Arbi Ka Saag, Vendakka Thoran, Dondakaya Kobbari Karam and Mathanga Thoran.
Soya Chunks Curry / Meal Maker Gravy Recipe
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 2
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Side dish
- 1/2 cup Soya Chunks
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- A pinch of Sugar
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 heaping cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 Onion medium sized
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- Bring water to a boil. Turn off the heat and add the soya chunks and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Then rinse soya chunks in fresh water and squeeze all the water out.
- Do it twice to get rid of the raw smell. Keep the squeezed soya chunks aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan. Add and fry the chopped onion till they are transparent.
- Grind the sauteed onion and tomatoes to a smooth puree and set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and fry till they begin to change color.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the finely chopped onion and saute till transparent.
- Then add the tomato onion puree and combine.
- Add the coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric, sugar, salt and garam masala to it.
- Combine and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the squeezed soya chunks to the tomato mixture and mix it well.
- Add water.
- Cover and cook on a low – medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice or rice.
You might also like to check these recipes: