If you are looking for more Navaratri recipes then do check Godhuma Rava Pongali, Rava Pulihora, Javvarisi Payasam, Jaggery Rava Kesari, Poornam Boorelu, Puran Poli, Lemon Rice, Daddojanam, Peanut Sundal and Rava Appalu.
Wheat Rava and Coconut Payasam Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/4 cup Cracked Wheat / Wheat Rava
- 1/2 cup Jaggery, powdered
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coconut, finely grated
- 1 cup Milk, boiled and cooled
- 1 cup Water
- 8 Cashews
- 8 Raisins
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add and fry the cashews to golden color. Add the raisins and fry until they plump up. Keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add the wheat rava and roast on a low – medium flame for 2 – 3 minutes or till they become aromatic and change color.
- Add the grated coconut and give a quick stir.
- Aa the boiling water to the roasted rava. Cover and cook on a low flame for 7 – 8 minutes or until the wheat rava gets cooked.
- Add the powdered jaggery and mix very well till the jaggery melts.
- Add the cardamom powder and combine.
- Let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Add milk to the cooked wheat mixture and mix everything until well combined.
- Add the fried cashews and raisins.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Don’t heat the payasam after adding jaggery as it may curdle.
You might also like to check these recipes: