Aval Peanut Laddu Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Makes: 10 Laddoos
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup Poha / Flattened Rice (any variety)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- A pinch of Edible Camphor
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 5 Cashews
- Dry roast the flattened rice on a low – medium flame till it becomes crispy and golden color.
- Remove it from flame and let them cool completely.
- Dry roast the peanuts on a medium flame till they turn brown color.
- Let them cool completely.
- Remove the skin of the peanuts completely and grind into a coarse powder. Keep it aside.
- Grind the roasted poha into a very fine powder and keep it aside.
- Grind the sugar into a powder and set aside.
- Combine the powdered poha, powdered sugar, peanut powder, cardamom powder and crushed edible camphor in a wide bowl. Mix well until combined and set aside.
- Break the cashews into tiny pieces.
- Heat ghee and fry the cashews pieces to golden color.
- Pour the heated ghee over the poha mixture and mix well with a spoon.
- When the mixture is warm enough to handle, make laddoos out of it.
- Store in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these Recipes: