Here’s a full list of Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes.
Banana Suji Halwa / Banana Kesari Bath Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 4 – 5
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/2 cup Semolina
- 2 small Bananas, chopped (approx. 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Cashews and Raisins as needed
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add and fry the cashews and raisins to golden brown color. Keep them aside.
- In the same ghee, add the semolina and fry continuously on medium – low flame for 6 – 7 minutes or until it becomes light golden brown color.
- Add the chopped bananas and mix.
- Add the hot water little by little, while stirring it continuously.
- Cook on a flame for a couple of minutes or until the semolina gets cooked.
- When the semolina mixture becomes dry, add the sugar and cardamom powder and mix.
- Let the sugar dissolves completely. Keep stirring.
- When the mixture thickens, add the fried cashews and raisins and mix everything.
- Turn off the flame and serve warm or cold.
You might also like to check these recipes: