If you are looking for more chutney recipes then do check Carrot Chutney, Radish Chutney, Peanut Coriander Chutney, Sorakaya Pachadi, Mint Peanut Chutney, Onion Peanut Chutney, Tomato Onion Chutney and Mango Moong Dal Chutney.
Radish Peanut Chutney Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 3 – 4
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Side dish
- 1 cup Grated Radish
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 1 inch piece of Tamarind
- 2 – 3 Dried Red Chillies
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 2 – 3 tsp Oil
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 Chana Dal
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- A pinch of Hing
- A few Curry Leaves
- Heat a pan on a low – medium flame, add and roast the peanuts till they turn brown. Let them cool completely.
- Remove the skin of the peanuts completely and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the red chillies and fry for a few seconds. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the grated radish and turmeric.
- Saute on a low – medium flame for 5 minutes or till the raw smell goes off.
- Cover with a lid and cook for another 5 minutes or until soft. Sprinkle little water if needed.
- Turn off the flame. Add the tamarind to the cooked radish and keep it aside to cool.
- Grind the roasted chillies and peanuts to a powder.
- Add the sauteed radish and salt and grind everything.
- Add water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the chutney to a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- When the seeds stop popping, add the hing and curry leaves and turn off the flame.
- Pour it over the chutney and combine well.
- Serve with idli, dosa, pongal or upma.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Peanut Chaat
- Cinnamon Peanut Butter
- Radish Moong Dal Sambar
- Peanut Sundal
- Kanchipuram Upma
- Vegetable Ragi Semiya Upma
- Dondakaya Pulusu
- Chikkudu Ginjala Pulusu
- Mango Kulfi