Maida Chegodilu Recipes
Prep Time: 40 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Snacks
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 1 tbsp Moong Dal
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- A pinch of Baking Soda / Cooking Soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak the moong dal in water for 30 – 40 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine the flour, salt. baking soda, red chilli powder and cumin seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Add the warm oil to the flour and mix everything.
- Add the soaked moong dal and combine.
- Make a firm dough by adding water little by little.
- Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- To make the chegodis, pinch a marble sized ball of the dough and roll between your palms to form a little thick rope.
- Join the ends together and make a ring.
- Cover them with a lid to prevent drying.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying the chegodis.
- When the oil is hot, slowly drop the prepared rings one by one.
- Deep fry them on a low-medium flame until crisp and golden brown color.
- Drain them on paper towels and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container and serve.
You might also like to check these recipes: