If you are looking for more halwa recipes then do check Pineapple Kesari, Rava Kesari, Singhara Halwa, Banana Sheera, Sweet Potato Halwa, Jaggery Kasi Halwa, Milk Rava Kesari, Besan Ka Halwa and Pumpkin Halwa.
Here’s a complete list of Varalakshmi Vratham Recipes.
Jaggery Rava Kesari Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins| Serves: 4
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/2 cup Semolina
- 1.5 cups Water
- 3/4 cup Powdered Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Melted Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp Cashews
- 1 tsp Raisins
- Heat two tablespoons of ghee in a pan.
- Add and fry the cashews until golden color. Add the raisins and fry until they plump up.
- Keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add the semolina and roast on a low flame until light golden color.
- Transfer the semolina to a plate and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add the roasted semolina little by little, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook on a low flame for a few minutes or until the semolina gets cooked.
- Add the jaggery and mix it well.
- Add the remaining ghee and mix well.
- Let the jaggery dissolves completely.
- Keep stirring for a few minutes or until the mixture thickens and forms as a mass.
- Add the fried cashews and raisins and combine.
- Turn off the flame and serve warm or cold.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Gokulashtami Recipes
- Rakhi Recipes
- Semiya Payasam
- Condensed Milk Rava Laddu
- Aloo Bhujia
- Sweet Poha
- Keerai Sambar