If you are looking for more Curry recipes then do check Aloo Allam pachimirchi kura, Aratikaya Kalchina Kura, Gutti Vankaya Podi Kura, Vazhakkai Podimas, Shahi Paneer, Ponaganti Kobbari Vepudu, Dondakaya Kobbari Karam, Vazhakkai Poriyal, Seppankizhangu Varuval and Cucumber Curry.
Chilakada Dumpa Curry with Koora Podi
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 4
Author: Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Side dish
- 2 cups Sweet Potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
For Curry Powder:
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 3 – 4 Dried Red Chillies or as needed
- 1 tbsp Dry Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- To make the curry powder, heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a pan.
- Add the coriander seeds, chana dal and urad dal and roast them on a medium flame till they are golden brown color.
- Remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add and fry the red chillies for a few seconds and set aside to cool.
- Grind the roasted ingredients and coconut to a powder and keep it aside.
- Wash, peel and chop the sweet potatoes and soak them in water.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal and let them splutter.
- Then add the curry leaves and drained sweet potatoes to it.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and combine.
- Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook until the pieces are soft. Sprinkle little water if needed.
- When it is done, add the prepared curry powder and mix everything.
- If it is too dry, sprinkle a very little water and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with rice.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Chintakaya Pappu
- Moong Dal tadka
- Beerakaya Pesara Pappu
- Nuvvula Appalu
- Gujarati Dal
- Dondakaya pappu
- Sabudana Kheer
- Rava Pulihora
- Chakra Pongali